My Family loves Breakfast time, especially on Saturday & Sunday Mornings! We wait all week long for what is always a big event, Breakfast time!! On the yearly birthdays, as well as Mother’s & Father’s days & anniversaries, there are very special breakfasts-in-bed moments! Oh how I wait all year for those special times!
One of our favorite recipes is the homemade pancake. I’ll tell you the basic recipe, but at times we add other ingredients to experiment with this recipe. For example, we may use vegan g-free chocolate chips, strawberries, different extracts & spices, blueberries, and so on…. Have fun with them!
I hope you enjoy this recipe & maybe even make your own concoctions too!! What do you like in your pancakes?
2 cups g-free all purpose flour (I like “Live g-free” brand* from Aldi grocery, or King Arthur g-free all purpose flour (with xanthan gum)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
*if using a g-free flour without xanthan gum added, you’ll need to add 1 1/2 tsps. of the xanthan gum
3 cups almond milk
2 TBSPS white distilled vinegar
2 TBSPS real maple syrup (plus more for topping afterward)
2 tsps vanilla extract
*optional: ground cinnamon
Earth Balance butter sticks
- Measure out almond milk, vinegar & vanilla in medium size bowl & set aside. Let it curdle a bit.
- Stir flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum (if needed), & cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- Heat up the griddle & butter the griddle. (I love to use Earth Balance butter sticks & spreadable tub butter)
- Pour milk mixture into the large bowl with the dry mix. Add the maple syrup & whisk together.
- When griddle is hot & butter is slightly bubbling & hot, ladle in pancake batter. When it forms little bubbles in batter, it’s ready to flip. Make sure you butter before putting on another batch, so they’re nice & buttery, plus they won’t stick to the griddle.
- They should be golden brown. Serve immediately.
These are Amazingly delicious! Around the Christmas holidays, I like to make “eggnog” pancakes, using soy nog instead of almond milk & I use nutmeg instead of cinnamon. Yummy!!! Even the basic recipe is so good!! I may make some now!! 🙂
Let me know what you did with this recipe!