My daughter came home from college this past weekend to celebrate my son’s birthday with us & one of their favorite desserts are homemade chocolate chip cookies! So, of course, I had to make those for my lovelies! I have used my homemade g-free all purpose flour in them, that is also posted in a previous post on this blog, but you can use any all purpose g-free flour that you desire! Hope you enjoy them!!
2 1/4 cups g-free my all-purpose flour blend (or any type of all-purpose)
*Make sure to add 1 1/2 tspns of xanthan gum, if you don’t add to the flour blend or it doesn’t have it added in flour already)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup organic granulated sugar
1 cup softened margarine (margarine works better in this recipe, butter tends to spread & flatten while baking and become greasy)
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1 banana, smooshed
1 package of “Enjoy Life” vegan g-free mini chocolate baking chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour blend (Add xanthan gum, if not already in mix), salt, and baking soda & set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, softened margarine,and vanilla. Beat until creamy with hand mixer.
- Add smooshed bananas and beat til mixed in well.
- Add the dry ingredients that were set aside to the wet ingredients. Blend on low speed with a hand mixer.
- Stir in with spoon the chocolate chips & nuts.
- Drop with a small cookie scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet & bake for 8-10 mins.
*Tip: Let these cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, then spatula them off to a cooling rack. Serve warm, fresh out of the oven or let cool. Delicious!!