It’s Autumn & it’s time to start thinking of apples in season. There are so many recipes for apples! My daughter & husband LOVE apple pie so much!! My son & I are more of a bite- into- an- apple- from- the-orchard kind of people. Well, somewhere in between, there’s an apple crisp. I Love the crisp as it’s easier to make it g-free, and it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare, but tastes like it may have taken hours!! I have a very simple tasty apple crisp recipe for you here. Hope you enjoy it!!
6 cups of sliced peeled apples (I love to mix up different types of apples, we love Macintosh, Granny Smith & Braeburn, Honeycrisp, Spartan, and Cortland)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup G-free all purpose flour (not with xanthan gum)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Earth Balance butter (1 stick)
1. Heat Oven to 375°F.
2. Place apples in an ungreased 8″ square baking pan.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon, water & lemon juice.
4. In a Large bowl, combine all of the topping ingredients; mix until crumbly.
5. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples.
6. Bake at 375°F for 25-35 minutes & when fruit is tender when tested with a fork & has a nice brown color on top.
You can serve this warm or cold. Place in fridge after it’s cooled & served. Great options with this: The homemade whipped topping (In earlier post), homemade ice cream in any of the earlier posts (Even the banana/peanut butter one) too. Well, not sure about the chocolate one, but hey, why not?
What’s your Favorite Autumn Apple dessert?