Being vegan & gluten free as well as trying to remain healthy is very important to me & my family. That being said, we love breakfast & it’s been difficult to find a good cereal that is nice to eat during the week, and that adopts all of the characteristics we need. So, I make them! This particular one we make often & it’s super good for you as well as filling! Hope you enjoy this recipe & are even inspired to come up with some of your own combinations! Let me know what you think & what you create! 😀
Apple Granola Cereal
3 cups g-free rolled oats
1 cup pecans
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup organic light brown sugar
1/8 cup plus 2 TBSP honey
1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP real maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 tsp fine sea salt
1 cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Mix all ingredients together except for dates.
- Pour onto 2 big ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cook for 1 Hour and 15 minutes, stirring around every 15 minutes.
- Stir in the dates while warm from the oven.
- Set aside.
*This can be used as a great snack alone & as a trail mix while hiking with added sunflower seeds mixed in after baking.
Cereal: (Makes 4 servings)
4 apples, peeled (unless you don’t mind peel) & cut into small chunks
2 bananas, sliced (1/2 a banana in each bowl)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
almond or coconut milk
- Put the ingredients in each bowl, minus the almond or coconut milk, stirred with a small amount of the granola that was made prior.
- Pour in the almond milk.
This is so good & satisfying! Tell me what you think! Enjoy!