My daughter came home for the long weekend to enjoy some Fall fun with us & have some home cooked meals! We did so many fun things over the long weekend & I wanted to share these yummy apples with you that we made!!!
Caramel Apples!! Oh Yummmmm!!!!! 😀
1 Large apple (Any Variety that you enjoy)
caramel candies, unwrapped (13 0z. bag)
dark chocolate *optional (to melt & put on top)
any candy, crumpled-up cookies, nuts, crumpled-up pretzels, anything you wish for on top of apple
a sterilized stick from outdoors or craft sticks
Earth Balance butter for greasing the waxed paper on the cookie sheets
*Now I said earlier ‘one apple’, but you can make any amount that your heart desires!! Enjoy!! It’s Autumn & Halloween season!!
- Melt the caramel candies with 2 Tbspns water on a medium/low heat on the stove top, stirring constantly. Put aside & stir every so often. If you wait too long & it hardens up, add just a smidge of water again & stir on low heat til you use it.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate chips (We used 3/4 of the bag & saved some of the chips for topping).
- Put craft sticks on clean & dry apples.
- Place wax paper on cookie sheet & grease it.
- Dip apples into caramel and/or chocolate (Swirl around).
- Place those sticky apples in any topping you wish. We used: chopped peanuts, Reese’s Pieces, crumbled g free chocolate oreo style cookies, mini vegan g free peanut butter cups, some reserved dark chocolate chips, & crumbled-up g free pretzels.
These aren’t the healthiest of snacks but, every once in awhile, treat yourself! You can make your own caramel, but we opted for easy this time, and the topping choices are endless!! We tried to make some choices with somewhat healthier options, like 85% dark chocolate, but I admit, this was a rare treat. After treating myself to a decadent apple, I was ready the next day for healthy choices again! It was a nice treat though! Enjoy!! Happy Halloween Season!!