This Hummus was made for the weekend cocktail party I threw & placed into cucumber logs as an appetizer. It then became a dip a day after & then a filling in a g-free tortilla wrap, as lunch, 2 days later. It’s delicious however you serve it. Hope you enjoy it too!
2 cans drained chickpeas, with the liquid reserved from one can
1/2 cup tahini (make sure some oil gets in to mix too)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling later
2 tspns garlic powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
s & p to taste
1/2 TBSP cumin
1/2 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 red pepper, chopped in big pieces (not sliced)
2 TBSPNS olive oil
2-3 TBSPNS chopped dried parsley
- Put in a blender: Chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic powder, garlic salt, s & p, cumin, paprika, lemon juice & blend.
- Pour in reserved chickpea liquid from one of the cans & blend with other ingredients in blender.
- Saute chopped red pepper in 2 TBSPNS olive oil until soft enough & slightly browned. Do Not over cook peppers.
- Pour sauteed pepper with oil from pan into blender & blend with other ingredients for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Stir in Parsley.
- Make a well & pour in some olive oil into the well.
Hope you enjoy!!