This weekend I had a Rat Pack Cocktail Party with some great friends & some family. It was a Wonderful success & tons of fun! It was so great to see everyone get in the spirit & dress up in that Era, as well as have a good time! There were delicious cocktails, mocktails, and plenty of g-free vegan food. One recipe that turned out well was the marinated vegetables that were served in endive “boats” & served cold. They were cooked the day before & placed into the “boats” the next day. Yum!
3 Zucchini washed, ends cut off, sliced into thin slices julienne pieces
3 large carrots, peeled & julienned
2 tspns. olive oil
1 TBSP white distilled vinegar
1TBSP dried parsley
1/8 tspn. ground black pepper
2 small endive
- Boil carrots & zucchini in low water in large saute pan for 15-20 minutes. Don’t let burn on pan when water runs out. Stir as it’s cooking to make sure all veggies get cooked.
- Drain veggies. Put veggies back in saute pan to quickly cook out the rest of the liquid on low heat for a few minutes.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a bowl & stir together & pour in saute pan with veggies. Saute for 5-7 minutes. Stir carefully so as not to get veggies mushy & often to not them burn on pan.
- Pour in a no-sugar-added zucchini relish. I get mine from a local farmer who makes her own secret family recipe. It is so delicious & healthy!! The name brand is called “Relish the Harvest*”. Clever name, great relish!
- Stir in the relish & cook for another 2 minutes to meld the flavors together. Take off the heat.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, but it’s preferred overnight.
- The next day (or after at least an hour) scoop into rinsed endive leaves & serve. Delicious!
*** Peel leaf layers of the endive off & rinse when ready to fill with the veggies, then serve.