When I throw a party or small get together, I like to have unique hors d’ hoveures. Here was one that I made recently for a cocktail party I had.
2 cups packed & grated zucchini
2 chia eggs (2 TBSPN chia, 6 TBSPN water & let sit for at least 5 minutes)
1/2 medium onion, minced
1/2 cup grated vegan rice cheese (mozzarella or cheddar style-your preference)
2/3 cup seasoned g free breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp salt
ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with the cooking spray.
- Grate 2 cups worth of zucchini, then place onto clean dish towel. Squeeze out the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Spoon 1 TBSPN of mixture into clean hands & ball.
- Place on baking sheets & bake for 10 minutes, then flip over & bake another 8 minutes.
- Take out to cool on racks (Still on sheets) for approximately 5 minutes. Serve or refrigerate & reheat in oven for 5 minutes the next day then serve.
**Note: They tend to flatten & spread out because they’re made without eggs, but they are delicious! I’d love to hear what you think of these! Drop me a line! 😉