This cornbread is a very simple rustic recipe that I like to make when I’m having a Mexican style meal. Yesterday was Taco Night & I made this to go on the side. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 1/2 TBSPNS white distilled vinegar
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup G free all purpose flour w/ xanthan gum added
2 TBSPNS raw sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 TBSPNS coconut oil
oil spray for pan
2 TBSPNS Earth Balance butter, melted, to pour on top when done
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine almond milk & vinegar in a large measuring glass cup & set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the almond milk mix into the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil & stir all until just blended.
- Spread the batter into an oil sprayed 8″ x 8″ square pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick check comes out clean.
- Pour melted butter on top & Serve immediately while hot.