This past weekend before my daughter returned from Spring Break from college, we celebrated her 22nd Birthday early & she wanted a lemon flavored dessert. I made her a lemon trifle. It was delicious!
This dessert was so simple as I cheated & made a semi-homemade trifle. We ate the trifle a few hours after I made it, but the next day it was even more delicious! I think after it settled more & the flavors melded together more, it became more heavenly! I hope you enjoy this dessert & try this for Easter or other Spring function.
1 box gfree yellow cake mix
1 tsp. lemon extract (instead of vanilla as said on box)
butter (amount needed on box directions)
water & eggs (amounts given on box)(3 eggs)
2 boxes of lemon instant pudding mix (make sure it’s gfree)
almond milk (follow directions on box as to how much)
5 bananas, coined & placed in a small bowl, soaked in lemon juice
- Bake cake according to directions.
- Make both puddings, with almond milk, according to directions on boxes & place in fridge for an hour.
- When cake cools, cut into small squares.
- Cut bananas into coins & soak in lemon juice.
- Fold cool whip into pudding mixture.
- Begin layering in a large Trifle dish, beginning with cake squares.
- Continue with spoonful of bananas spread over squares.
- Top with pudding/cool whip mixture.
- Keep continuing the layers until all used up, ending with pudding mixture.
- I topped a little extra cool whip on top, then used some of the cake crumbs to sprinkle on very top.
Hope you enjoy this decadent dessert. It really was even more delicious the following day!