1 box firm Tofu, squeeze excess water out of it without breaking, sliced lengthwise in half, then cubed
water chestnuts (as many as you want)
red pepper, sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp raw organic honey
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
s & p to taste
3 cups cooked brown rice
3 Tbsp olive oil
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions.
- Heat Large saute pan & pour in the olive oil. Cook the tofu cubes until browned & toasty. This could take 15 minutes or so to get to desired browning.
- Throw in the vegetables a little at a time along with more olive oil & a little water to cook & loosen up ingredients plus meld them together, a little at a time to keep it moist.
- Place in the spices & stir around, add a little more water if needed.
- After a few minutes, add the sauces & cook for another 10 minutes.
I like to serve mine with black or matcha tea on the side. You could serve with fortune cookies if you wish, for fun. This is such a nice comfort food. Hope you enjoy it!