G-free Stuffed Mushrooms
4 (10 oz.) packages of whole white mushrooms, stem scooped out & diced. Save the mushroom rounded top whole
1/2 cup gluten free seasoned bread crumbs
dried minced onion (to taste)
s & p to taste
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) Earth Balance butter stick
1/2 cup water
vegan parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on tops before baking)
- In a large chef’s pan, saute with a 1/2 stick of Earth Balance butter, the diced mushroom stems.
- Put in 1/2 cup of water with 1 vegetable bouillon cube & stir until cube is diluted.
- Sprinkle in the dried minced onion, s & p to taste.
- Place in the g-free bread crumbs. add more water if it gets too dry. The mixture may be sticky. That’s normal for g-free.
- Scoop mixture into the open whole mushroom heads.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- *Optional: You can sprinkle grated or shredded cheese as well if you wish, or instead of the Parmesan.
These are delicious stand by appetizers or you can even chop up whole mushrooms & use as a stuffing for Portobello mushroom heads as a main dish. Enjoy!!