So So Good!! This Cake restored my faith that even gluten free cake can be moist & delicious!! It was so decadent that I think my eyes rolled back into my head. 😉 I left it plain on top but you could certainly drizzle homemade chocolate ganache or sprinkle powdered sugar on top as well. Enjoy this heavenly dessert! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!!
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!
1 ¼ cups Gluten free all purpose flour
2/4 cup almond flour
¾ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1 ¾ cups natural granulated sugar
2 tspns. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tspns. coffee powder (grind coffee grounds in a coffee grinder until powdery)
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, at room temperature
¾ cup tofu sour cream, at room temperature
½ cup almond milk
1 tsp. white vinegar
2 tspns. vanilla extract
½ cup boiling water
Cream cheese filling:
12 oz. tofu cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 large egg
¼ cup natural granulated sugar
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt cake pan.
- Measure out almond milk & put vinegar in with it & set aside to curdle & get to room temperature.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and coffee powder, together in a large bowl. Set aside. With a hand-held mixer, mix the oil, eggs, sour cream, almond milk mixture, and vanilla together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the hot water & beat it all until the batter is combined completely. Set aside.
- Make the cream cheese filling: Use a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until no lumps remain. Beat in the remaining ingredients on medium-high speed until combined.
- Pour half of the chocolate batter evenly into the greased bundt pan. Spread all of the cream cheese filling evenly on top. Try to touch the cream cheese to the edges & smooth out as best you can, as it tends to be very thick. Pour the remaining chocolate batter on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in
- to the cake comes out clean. A few crumbs on toothpick are ok.
- After you’ve checked it for doneness, remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 2 hours inside the pan. Place carefully on a wire rack to finish cooling. Place carefully again after it finishes cooling to a cake stand.
- If you prefer, you can add a chocolate ganache to top or sprinkle with powdered sugar. I loved it without a topping.
- After the first day, you can store in the fridge for a few days, but it’s never as moist or soft after it’s been room temperature. You do need to store in fridge after a day as it does start to turn.