This is a quick dinner for when you just don’t feel like cooking a big meal or have the time. It is so simple & takes less than thirty minutes to prepare the entire meal!! I serve this when I don’t have a ton of time to cook, or am just too exhausted to make anything too in depth. You will need a spiralizer appliance or an attachment for a mixer to get the spiral effect. It will make you long tendrils of “pasta” with most vegetables. Add some spices in a pan with olive oil, add sauce – voila! A simple, fast, healthy meal! I used a jar of sauce & added some spices & parmesan cheese, but you could make a homemade sauce if you want, but I wanted a fast meal this time & had no prepared sauce, so I went for the jarred sauce. The jar of sauce can be loaded with sugar & other unhealthy ingredients, so shop for a healthier sauce & don’t use a ton of it. You can also make a homemade sauce ahead of time & it will freeze for a few months in a properly sealed container. Just make sure to thaw it out the morning of when you’re serving it. Hope you enjoy this very easy yummy meal!
Large Chef’s Pan to cook pasta in
12 Zucchini (I shop at Aldi for an inexpensive price)
Marinara sauce of choice
1) Clean, dry & spiralize according to instructions on your spiralizer machine or attachment. Set pasta aside.
2) Oil a chef’s pan with olive oil & saute fresh garlic til browned. Place your zucchini pasta in that well- oiled Chef’s pan with olive oil & garlic, add oregano, and basil. Toss.
3) Cook while using large tongs to toss around, to cook evenly for about 3-5 minutes, depending on how tender you prefer your pasta to be. I cooked for about 4 minutes. Drain almost all of the liquid as it is a water – based vegetable, so it retains a lot of liquid. You may wish to reserve some liquid. Place in bowl & serve with sauce of choice. *
4) *At same time you’re cooking your pasta, heat up your sauce & add basil, oregano & garlic salt. Add in some Parmesan & stir. Let flavors meld together then place on top of pasta.
5) Serve with garlic bread. Schar makes a delicious gluten free french style bread. Stir butter, garlic salt to taste & dried basil to taste together & spread on bread slices & bake in oven for 8 minutes or til browned in preheated 350°F oven & toasted. Serve with pasta.