This was delicious! It was such a great treat for breakfast during Father’s day weekend! You can use fresh blueberries, but I prefer Wyman’s Frozen Wild Maine blueberries, as they’re small & taste the best I think. I like the small blueberries in breads & cakes. This goes so well paired with a tea or coffee. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family & I did!
Few tips: Check on breads at 45 minutes, then put in for 3 – 5 minute increments & keep checking. In the end, my breads took around 55 minutes before the toothpick inserted came out clean. Don’t burn your breads though. Be careful.
Don’t over-mix. It can make the breads tough.
Make sure tofu cream cheese & butter are softened. Set out to soften first while you’re gathering your other ingredients.
I spray with an oil spray to grease my pans (whole pan). The breads come out of the pans easier. You can use vegetable shortening as well, though.
Even tossing around the blueberries in the flour, when folding it into batter later, some blue color will still bleed through, but keep in mind it still tastes delicious & it doesn’t make the whole bread blue. 😉
2 TBSPNS Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Wyman’s Wild Maine Blueberries
1 Cup Earth Balance butter sticks, softened
8 oz. Tofu Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Eggs, or Egg substitute to equivalent
2 Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Grease 9″ x 5″ loaf pans. Set aside.
3) In a small bowl, toss blueberries around in with the 2 TBSPNS flour. Set aside.
4) In a Large mixing bowl, cream together: butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) In another bowl, combine: 2 cups flour, baking powder & salt. Carefully mix the dry batter into the wet batter until all combined. Don’t over mix. Fold in the floured blueberries.
6) Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
7) Bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8) Place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife carefully along edges and flip bread out onto rack & cool completely. You can serve warm too.
*** These breads should be stored in refrigerator after cooled & for up to 5 days.