Today, I was looking for a yummy mexican style lunch and love the idea of a one-dish meal. This is that type of meal. It’s “meaty”, has a bit of a spiciness to it and is an easy dish to make. It’s a great dish for lunch, as an appetizer or even a dinner along with rice and veggies, like corn and roasted vegetables, maybe even with homemade cornbread. With a quick preparation, it’s an almost instant dish! Serve with a medium-heat salsa and some sour cream. Enjoy!
1 package Gluten Free Gardein beefless ground
1 small onion, chopped
S & P to taste
1 tspn Garlic salt
1/2 tspn Celery salt
1 tspn chili powder
1/2 tspn ground mustard
1 bag Go Veggie shredded Cheddar Cheese
Canola oil, enough on pan to saute onions & beefless ground
Tofu sour cream, for topping, optional
Medium- heat salsa, for topping, optional
1) Preheat oven to 365° F.
2) In a medium sized baking dish, lay out a layer of tortilla chips on bottom (as thick a layer as you prefer). Place off to side.
3) Saute in canola oil, the chopped onion, until browned. Add beefless ground & cook for a few minutes. Add some water if it starts to burn on pan. Add spices, salt & pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
4) Place the “meat” mixture on top of tortilla chips in baking dish.
5) Put shredded cheese on top layer.
6) Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
7) Serve warm with toppings, like sour cream & salsa.
* Optional: Add black olives & small green chili peppers to top dish as well if you wish.