My family and I decided to have an outdoor movie night in our backyard & wanted an easy & fun, yet still nutritious meal to enjoy the movie with. I chose to make this recipe that I had been working on for a bit, especially because it’s a finger food & feels like naughty food, but it’s so nutritious & delightful! It was a hit with my family & hope you find it’s a hit for you & yours. Enjoy!
2 Blocks of extra firm Tofu
1/4 cup Almond milk
2 TBSPNS Soy Sauce
2 TBSPNS Lime juice
1 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 cup GF breadcrumbs
1 sheet Nori seaweed, chopped
1 tsp ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400° in a convection setting on oven preferred, or regular oven.
2) With olive oil, grease a large baking sheet.
3) Slice both blocks of Tofu once in half lengthwise down the middle, then slice sticks down lengthwise of each half, about 2″ thick or thinner, to your liking.
4) Set out 3 pie plates and fill one pie plate with about 1 cup GF flour. Fill second pie plate with the almond milk, soy sauce & lime juice and whisk together.
5) Chop Macadamia nuts in food processor. Put in third pie plate. Chop Nori seaweed in food processor into small pieces. Any large pieces left? Use your fingers to shred those pieces. Place Nori in the third pie plate along with macadamia nuts & also add to this mixture, the breadcrumbs & pepper.
6) Dip Tofu sticks into flour one at a time, then each one into the liquid, then lastly into the crumb topping mixture.
7) Place each stick about an inch apart from each other onto oiled baking sheet.
8) Bake for 30 minutes in convection oven, preferred or for 40 minutes in a regular oven, same temperature. Bake until browned & crispy, but make sure not to burn. While baking, prepare a Tartar sauce.
9) Serve right away with Homemade Vegan Tartar sauce.
Vegan Tartar Sauce:
1 cup vegan mayo
1 1/2 TBSPNS sweet pickle relish
1 TBSPN dried minced onion
2 TBSPNS lemon juice
S & P to taste
Mix altogether & serve in small ramikins or any small dishes next to plates.