These yummy brownies were a delicious treat this afternoon with some tea. They have a butterscotch-y flavor and hit the spot. Hope you enjoy them!
1/4 melted unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts of choice, or a mix of nuts
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) Melt butter in a saucepan. Pour in bowl & let cool for 5 minutes.
3) To the bowl of butter, add: brown sugar, egg & vanilla extract. Stir with a rubber spatula well. Set aside.
4) In a small bowl: stir together flour, baking powder & salt.
5) Add flour mixture to butter mixture & stir well with spatula. Add coconut flakes & chopped nuts.
6) Spread in greased 8×8 pan & bake for 35 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. When it comes out clean, it’s done. Place on cooling rack & cool completely, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
One Comment Add yours
These look delicious! I like how there’s not a ton of ingredients, and I Love butterscotch!
LikeLiked by 1 person