Hello again! It’s been awhile since I’ve written a post as the summer has been a busy time finishing up my cookbook. I’m looking forward to presenting it soon & thought I’d take a break to post this delicious recipe that I made this morning. The house is smelling so good right now of homemade bread & blueberries! Hope everyone is having a Wonderful Summer & hope you enjoy this bread as I am along with a nice coffee. Good Morning all!! Happy Friday!! 😃🌞🦋🌻
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 small ripened banana, mashed
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
(1) pint of fresh blueberries, rinsed
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×5 or 8×4 loaf pan.
2) Measure out milk in glass cup & add the vinegar. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, beat sugar & butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes or less. Beat in eggs. Add banana, milk/vinegar combo and vanilla. Blend well.
4) In a small bowl, combine flour, nuts, baking soda & salt. Mix well. Add to wet ingredients in large bowl. Stir with rubber spatula just until ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into greased pan.
5) Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350°F. I baked for 50 minutes, checked it with a toothpick, then for 5 more minutes. Make sure to check with toothpick in a few parts of the bread to make sure it’s baked completely. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack, then transfer out of pan onto cooling rack til completely cooled. Serve warm or cool. Slather with butter if you want while warm & serve with a tea or coffee or juice.
* Wrap tightly and store in fridge.