These are a quick version of a quiche style entree in squares. They are simple and quick to make. They can refrigerate for a few days if you’d like to take a couple at a time each day. They pair well with a side of roasted asparagus and some bread warm from the oven. This recipe is wonderful for when you want a dinner that’s quick and easy. Enjoy!
10-12 eggs, your preference
1- 12 oz. Bag of frozen spinach
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
8 oz bag of plant-based cheddar cheese shreds
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1-2 tsps pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
Olive oil spray
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13″ x 9″ pan with olive oil spray.
2) Chop up a small onion and saute in olive oil in a pan, until caramelized and soft/translucent. Set aside.
3) Cook spinach in a medium pot with a small amount of water until cooked through.
4) Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Place the cooked spinach, sauteed onions, spices, shredded cheddar cheese, and nutritional yeast in with eggs and whisk together. S & P.
*Optional: Sprinkle plant- based parmesan cheese on top.
5) Place in oven for 25-30 minutes. Watch so that it cooks through and browns on top, but doesn’t burn. Cool for a few minutes and cut into squares. Serve warm with roasted asparagus and bread, if you’d like.
These will keep in refrigerator for a few days. You can reheat squares in a toaster oven at 350° for 5 minutes.