This weekend was Amazing with my hubby for our Anniversary!! We visited a beautiful vineyard, ran into 2 old, great friends, enjoyed a picnic lunch with our son in our yard with pool time on a beautiful sunny day (which is so great, because it’s been constantly raining this summer), and got to have time together talking and just being together since we’ve been so busy for awhile. It was a Wonderful, sweet and romantic weekend with the love of my life.
Right before the weekend, I had a very frustrating call with Amazon concerning why my book is still unavailable due to technical issues. They don’t have any answers for me and are unable to tell me when the problem will get resolved. I must admit, I lost my temper as I am so invested in this book that took me 4 years to write and am so sad to see further delays. My ebook is still available, but people are hoping for the paperback, and I am getting very anxious about it. I spoke to a Supervisor who had no answer or solution for me. I am very disappointed, especially since I’ve been getting such wonderful feedback from the ebook! I’m so disheartened. I, of course, will most definitely notify everyone when it does become available. Thank you all so much for your patience! I wish I could say I was being patient. It’s not my strong suit.
So, this weekend was really needed to decompress and relax with my Sweetheart. Paul always seems to comfort me and bring me back to happiness. Hoping you all had a Wonderful and relaxing weekend as well.
I made this blueberry cake for my guys for the weekend. We had for dessert on Friday night after dinner, made with the beautiful fresh blueberries from our garden. We had it on Saturday morning with our breakfast as well. By Sunday late afternoon, the flavor has started to turn. Gluten free and dairy free foods tend to turn much faster when left on counter. It’s a balance, because if you refrigerate right away, it can lose it’s softness and moisture. Cakes don’t last too long in this house anyway! Luckily, our eldest, our daughter, came to visit us for Sunday breakfast and had a large piece as well.
Blueberry Bundt cake with icing:
2 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) grass fed butter, softened
1 cup Swerve granular sugar substitute
1 cup Stevia
6 organic free range eggs
1 cup plain dairy free yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup powdered Swerve sugar substitute
2-3 Tbsp almond milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Take out butter and rest on counter to soften as you gather your other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan with coconut oil and gluten free all purpose flour. Set aside. *Make sure to grease well all angles & areas of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- With a handheld mixer, in another large bowl, cream butter and sugar together on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low. Add vanilla, almond extract, and eggs (one egg at a time, mix each one in until combined, then add next egg until all eggs mixed in). Continue beating for an extra 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl a couple of times with a rubber spatula, to make sure all is well combined and mixed well. Add half of the flour mixture, beating on low speed until just combined, then half of the yogurt, just til combined, then rest of flour, then last of yogurt, all until well combined. Do Not overbeat!
- Fold in the blueberries with rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into greased and floured bundt pan and spread with the rubber spatula so even and smooth in pan. Bake for 60-75 minutes until the toothpick inserted in cake in a few spots comes out clean, especially near the center. Make the icing while cake is baking. Set aside.
- Cool pan on a wire cooling rack for 30 minutes or so, until pan feels warm, not hot. Flip cake carefully out of pan onto wire rack and let it cool almost til completely cooled or completely. When ready, ice the cake, letting it drizzle down outer sides, if you wish to use a glaze.
- Serve immediately. Cake is fresh for 2 days. Place in fridge for an extra day. Cake does not last after 3 days, as it starts to turn.
Directions for Icing:
- Whisk by hand all of the ingredients, in a small bowl. When smooth, it’s finished. If it’s too thick for you, add more almond milk, a Tbsp at a time. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar substitute. The Swerve powdered sugar substitute can tend to have a sickly sweet taste for some, so be careful not to add too much more. You can eliminate the glaze altogether. It tastes quite delicious alone! It tastes like a large slice of blueberry muffin! Enjoy!!
2 Comments Add yours
Happy Anniversary my Love!! It Was a wonderful weekend!!❤️❤️ Great pics!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Sweetheart ❤️❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person