The weather outside is frightful… Oh my, is it cold outside!! We’re in the negatives today with the wind chill and I needed to make a warm, cozy breakfast to stay warm. (Don’t worry, my sweet husband, there’ll be some leftover when you get home😘). I watched a show on Netflix in which Nadiya from Nadiya Bakes made a peanut butter and jam pancake tray bake. I wanted to give it a try, but I had to make it dairy free and gluten free. Here’s how it turned out. It was yummy!! Look below for recipe!!
Days ago I shopped at my local Goodwill (I look forward to seeing if I can find treasures there every now and then & I always find something) and I bought 3 needlepoint rings, each for 99¢, and that along with green floral wire that I bought many months ago for $1 from Dollar Tree, and green/icy looking greenery picks I bought on clearance from Piper Classics , for $1.60 each pick, and gray ribbon I had laying around the house. (project cost:$13.60) I made 3 winter wreaths for my kitchen windows. I need a better way to hang them, but I love the wreaths! They’re so easy to make and affordable!! Here’s how they came out.
** Tip: The ribbon I used was wrapped around cardboard, so it had creases. I used my flatiron to “iron” out the creases. It works great! It has trim lining on the ribbon that rubbed off onto my flatiron, but I simply used a wet rag to slide the flat iron on quickly (while still on and hot)and it wiped right off!
Peanut Butter and Jam Tray bake with blueberries
3 heaping Tbspns jam of choice (I like raspberry or strawberry)
2 heaping Tbspns frozen mini blueberries with a tsp of sugar or sugar substitute
3 Tbspns smooth natural peanut butter
coconut oil spray
1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tbspn of gluten free all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
1 Tbspn granulated sugar or substitute
1 cup almond milk or Better Half vegan creamer (I like a blend of the 2)
2 large eggs
2 Tbspns coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Spray 13″ x 9″ baking pan with the coconut oil spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On stovetop, in a small saucepan, melt PB until hot & smooth. In a separate pan, do the same process to the jam. Warm up blueberries in another saucepan with the sugar until soft. Take off heat as soon as smooth and warm. Set aside.
- With a whisk, whisk together in a large bowl, the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt & sugar substitute. Make a well in the center & add the milk, oil and eggs. Whisk it all together until your batter is thick and smooth. * Tip: this batter can be made the day before & covered in fridge to save time.
- Pour into greased pan and spread out. Place dollops of the peanut butter, jam and blueberry sauce right next to each other, then with toothpick or sharp knife, go thru them & swirl around whole batter for a marbled effect.
- Bake in oven for 15 – 22 minutes until batter is no longer wobbly & cooked through. Check with a toothpick for doneness and take out when toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cut into squares. You can use maple syrup for topping or sprinkle with confectioners sugar or both! Enjoy!! ☺️