Spring is here and Easter is on it’s way, yard work is getting done here at the cottage, as well as indoor spring cleaning and kitchen renovations are still underway, but what is the deal with this wintery chill?! Gah!! We’re toughing it out and getting what we can done, especially the outdoor duties.
I’ve been dealing with a lot of health issues this year and lately my energy has been up and down and I’ve been dealing with pain and exhaustion, but every time I feel better, I push forward and get what I can done. My husband and I are working on getting our YouTube channel ready to go. Spring fever!! What’s the weather like where you are? Are you spring cleaning and doing yard work? Any new projects? I’d love to hear what you’re all up to!! I’ve been thinking of a spring cleaning and Reno playlist to keep me motivated. Any ideas for songs for the playlist that keep you motivated? 🎧🎵🎶🎼
Sunday, we had an english-style breakfast with delicious chocolate muffins along with it. Look down below for the recipe! Hope you all have a lovely week and have lovely weather. We have some chilly temps this week here in New England, but lots of sunshine, so I’ll be dreaming of warmer days & I’ll be getting what I can done to prepare for the warmer season ahead! 🌞🌼🌷🌱🌾🧰🖌️🧹🧽
2 cups gluten free flour
1 cup stevia
1/2 cup organic cacao powder
1 scoop collagen peptides powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups enjoy life dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup dairy free, plain , no sugar yogurt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup boiled water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray muffin pan well with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, stevia, cacao powder, collagen, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, lightly mix together just til combined: eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, milk, boiled water, and both extracts.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just blended. If mix is too dry or pasty, add a little more coconut milk and fold gently. Try not to overmix.
- Using 1/3 cup, fill muffin cups in pan.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 350°F and continue baking for 15 minutes. When the toothpick inserted comes out clean ( remember melted chocolate from chocolate chips will be gooey but muffins will be done, so check in multiple spots), then they’re done. Cool in pan on cooling rack for about 5 minutes, then serve warm.
Hope you enjoy the muffins! 🧁🍫