Hello everyone!! How was everyone’s Easter? We had a lovely Easter here at the cottage with my children, daughter’s boyfriend, and parents. It was chilly but sunny. We even had a bit of snow falling, and then sun again. Interesting weather patterns lately. The food and company was great and leftovers later were just as yummy! We all received beautiful baskets and had a fun scavenger hunt. My son won by one egg!! It was a great day!! We colored eggs the evening before and watched a movie. It was nice to have a long weekend with my family!
This week has been a week of ups and downs, appointments and errands, but now we get to relax a bit more and get back to tackling some reno, projects and decorating for summer!!
It’s a Gorgeous day today and I plan to be outside for a lot of it!! I am hoping the temps start getting consistently warmer with no more threat of frost at night so we can get our pond up and running again and start planting in the garden with flowers and veggies and watching the perennials grow. It’s been nice to see the Bradford pear trees in bloom, the hyacinths pop up and buds forming! Nature is waking up and I’m ready!!
This morning we started our day with some delicious lemon muffins, and a green smoothie. Here are the recipes:
1 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup organic granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup dairy free unsweetened yogurt
6 Tbsps vegan butter, melted
zest and juice of 1 lemon in separate bowls
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the sugar and lemon zest with whisk.
- In a medium bowl, with whisk, mix eggs and yogurt til combined, then mix into that the melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract lightly. Do not overmix. The mix will be thick.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup add to greased muffin tins. Makes about 11-12 depending on how much you fill them.
- Bake the muffins for 3 minutes in 425°F oven, then turn temp down to 350°F and bake for 16 minutes more. Check with a toothpick if they’re done. When ready take pan out onto cooling rack for 5 minutes or more. I don’t wait long as we like ours served warm.
2 cups frozen chopped spinach
3 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 large avocado or 1 small
a half scoop of prebiotic fiber (optional)
- Mix altogether in a blender and serve. Serves about 3 regular 10 oz glasses
Enjoy this Lovely Spring day! Hope you’re all having Beautiful weather wherever you are and enjoying your week! 🌞🦋🌺🌼🌸