Well, this weekend was remarkable. The heat, was… phew, intense, but we are blessed to have air conditioning and a pool. We went in the pool while the Beach Boys Greatest Hits played and hung out on the deck playing games and eating lunch al fresco. We hung out in the air conditioning while playing games and taking a break from chores, work and To-Do’s when we weren’t outdoors.
Our daughter surprised us on Sunday with a visit and we swam in the pool again, hung by the fire in the evening and caught up on everyone’s goings-on. It was a very relaxing and wonderful weekend! I love time with my family more than anything else in the world! The weekend ended with a thunderstorm and cooler air. I observed beautiful butterflies in my garden, that would not seem to leave my side (all the feels), a hummingbird near our irises and many lovely birds drinking the nectar in the flowers as well as taking a cooling shower in the sprinklers and birdbath. Adorable!
As you may know me by now, there was yummy food to be enjoyed over the weekend, and great music! On Friday evening we had a BBQ, Saturday was a mediterranean cod bowl and Sunday we enjoyed a lasagna my husband made. I made some refreshing beverages and desserts. One of our favorites was the pineapple slushie. It had 2 cups frozen pineapple and 1 cup organic pineapple juice with some shredded coconut on top. Yum!
For dessert this evening we’ll be enjoying some refreshing cucumber sorbet. It’s made ahead of time and you’ll need an ice cream making machine and a food processor, but it’s worth it! It’s a refreshing and hydrating treat for the hot weather.
3 regular sized cucumbers (about 1 1/2 – 2 cups)
3/4 cups-1 cup organic granulated sugar
3 Tbspns fresh lime juice
- Peel, de-seed, and chop cucumbers into medium sized chunks. Place in food processor.
- Pour in sugar (amount to your liking), and lime juice. Process until smooth.
- Pour into bowl fitted with a tight lid and place in refrigerator overnight. Freeze ice cream bowl to ice cream maker.
- The next day place in ice cream maker (make sure the bowl to ice cream maker was frozen overnight as well). Run in ice cream maker for 20 minutes or time your ice cream maker instructions tell you.
- Pour into a freezer safe container for 4 hours.
- Place on counter for 5 minutes if too solid when you take out to serve.
- Serve in bowl or favorite dish with some fresh mint and enjoy!!
Have a Lovely week everyone!! 🌞