This past weekend we celebrated my birthday. I am in the last year of my forties and I’m ok with it! The weather was gorgeous, I had time with my husband and children and we swam in the pool, played board games(I Love board games!😊), was pampered(I seriously have the very best family!💗), delicious food, fireworks in my town and a bonfire. I received wonderful gifts that were so thought out as well as phone calls from those I don’t talk to often, beautiful messages and I was so relaxed!!
A delicious simple watermelon margarita this past weekend:
Watermelon Margarita recipe:
2 cups fresh watermelon
1/3 cup vodka (or omit for a alcohol free version)
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp Honey, optional (I prefer without)
1) In a blender, add watermelon cubes and blend until smooth.
2) Strain with a fine mesh strainer.
3) In blender, along with the watermelon juice, blend in vodka(optional), lime juice and honey(optional).
4) Dip rim of a margarita glass in lime juice and then separately in fine grain salt.
5) Shake mixture from blender in a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour over crushed ice or without and serve in a margarita glass!! You can also add some seltzer to make it fizzy if you’d like too!! Add fresh mint as a garnish if you would like to jazz it up more too!! Enjoy!!
We’ve been having a blast with our YouTube channel and getting a ton accomplished around the cottage and gardens! Summer is upon us and I am 100% here for it!! 🌞🌞🦋🦋
Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend as well! This next weekend we’ll be hosting a small group for BBQ and swimming.
Our Fourth of July BBQ Menu:
Entrees and Sides:
Saucy Cauliflower bites (& saucy chicken wings for the meat eaters)
Veggie burgers with lettuce, tomato and special sauce (& beef burgers for the meat eaters)
3 Bean salad
Corn on the cob, grilled
Homemade hummus with tortilla chips
Fresh peaches with vanilla ice cream (or cocowhip for us dairy free folks)
Red, White and Blue Trifle
Homemade Lemonade with mint from our garden and berries
Brewed iced tea with mint from our garden
Various wines and Beer
Miscellaneous: Red, White and Blue Jello shots
This Lovely Summer morning I made some Delicious granola. It’s so delicious with almond milk as a cereal or as a snack alone for a midday pick-me-up or while on a hike, or even topped on dairy free ice cream! It’s so much healthier than the store bought granola and when you’re baking it in the oven, the whole kitchen smells sublime!! Here’s my blueberry granola recipe:
4 cups gluten free quick oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dried blueberries
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
1/3 cup organic cacao nibs
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and cinnamon.
3) Pour in the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. * Note: If the syrup was in fridge, it may harden and be difficult to stir. If this happens, use clean hands to break up clumps and stir/miz with your hands, or use spoon if not hardened. Make sure all of the mix is coated.
4) Add in the dried blueberries and dried cranberries, coconut shreds and cacao nibs. Make sure all coated and mixed well together.
5) Spread mixture out on lined baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes. Flip halfway with spatula and stir around slightly. Bake for 12 minutes more.
6) Let granola cool on baking sheet and get crunchy left undisturbed for 45 minutes. Stir or break up in larger clumps, however you like it and serve. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!!
2 Comments Add yours
I’m so glad you enjoyed your birthday! You deserve it! I love this time of year when we spend more time outdoors than in. The projects are fun, and margaritas by the pool are the perfect way to relax! Food, as usual, DELICIOUS!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I really did! Thank you, my Sweet hubby!! Me too! Love the outdoors!! Thanks Sweetie! 💕🥰
LikeLiked by 1 person