A Gorgeous morning was had in the backyard with the birds chirping, a slight warm breeze, cicadas humming in the background somewhere, sunlight streaming down, the sound of water swirling from the pond and pool nearby amid peace and calm. That’s the breakfast I had Friday morning with my husband and son. It was lovely.
Sweet berries in dairy free yogurt, orange muffins, fried eggs, English breakfast tea with almond milk creamer… and a Perfect summer morning. My kind of start to the day! 🌞🦋
A nicely paced week of projects getting done, our next video being edited and finished for next week, and some planning for next week, all to be wrapped up with a beautiful morning with 2 of my favorite guys in the world! 🥰
Hope you’ve had a lovely week and enjoyed a fantastic weekend! Have an awesome last week of August folks! There’s still summer for a few weeks! Phew! Here’s a recipe to enjoy during your week! ⬇️
Gluten Free Orange Muffins
3 cups gluten free all- purpose flour
1 cup organic granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) grass fed unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp orange zest (1 orange)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (3 oranges)
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pan well with coconut oil spray & set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3) With a hand mixer, mix in the softened butter. Blend in the eggs until just incorporated, then mix in milk, vanilla extract, orange zest and orange juice.
4) With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour batter into each muffin evenly. Will make 12 muffins.
5) Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, checking them at 15. Use a toothpick to check doneness. Cool in pan for 3-5 minutes, then take out onto cooling rack or serve warm. I preferred them slightly warm from oven.