Hi All! What a Gorgeous weekend of sun and warmth, and fun Fall activities with my hubby and son! Saturday we had a lovely breakfast then visited a local farm. We shopped in the country store, went on a hay ride, and bought some pumpkins for our front patio and deck. The day provided gorgeous weather and lots of wonderful memories!
Sunday, we started with a fun walk on our trail, a relaxing sit on our front patio listening to and watching the woodpeckers and other birds. It was such a relaxing day, ending with a delicious dinner, bonfire and dessert. Our dessert was an apple cider donut bundt cake. As you may be guessing we love bundt cakes around here! They’re always moist and pretty. This one was just what we wanted after a lovely Fall weekend!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a Fantastic week!!
Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake
1 package of gluten free yellow cake mix (I usually make my own mix)
1 (2oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 cup apple cider
4 eggs, large
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/4 cup dairy free plain unsweetened yogurt
Ingredients for topping:
1/4 cup grass fed unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup organic granulated sugar
1/8-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, your preference
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray generously a bundt cake pan with coconut oil spray. Set aside. Gather all ingredients and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk cake mix, pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
3) Add apple cider, eggs, oil, and yogurt. Beat 2 minutes. Pour the batter into the bundt pan evenly.
4) Bake for 40 minutes and check for doneness with a toothpick. When the toothpick comes out clean, set cake in pan onto a cooling rack for 20 minutes then let out of pan and cool completely.
5) Melt butter. Set aside. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Using a pasting brush brush melted butter onto top and sides of cake. Sprinkle cake everywhere with the cinnamon sugar. Enjoy with a tea or warm apple cider. ❤️