We’ve been preparing for Thanksgiving by shopping for our dinner and dessert ingredients, working on our next home project for our YouTube channel video of the week, and trying to get in little snippets of decorating for Christmas. It’s been a busy couple of weeks but we’re getting so excited to see everyone, enjoy some delicious food and pick our Christmas tree!! 🦃🥧🎄
In all of the hubbub, Saturday night after dinner, we enjoyed yummy sugar cookies I made that afternoon. They’re so soft, fluffy and tasty! Check out the recipe below.
Wishing you all a Fun and Healthy Thanksgiving! 😊🦃
1 cup salted grass fed butter, softened at room temperature
1 1/3 cups organic granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsps pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
organic granulated sugar for rolling cookies in
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray the paper with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
2) In an electric stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
3) Add the vanilla extract and egg, and mix for another 1-2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
4) In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
5) Put sugar on a plate. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out, roll slightly in hands and roll in sugar on plate, then place on the cookie sheets, spacing them a couple inches apart, fitting 14-15 cookies on each baking sheet.
6) Bake cookies for 11 or 12 minutes. Place on cooling racks for a few minutes then place on a platter and serve. They are super soft and beautifully fall apart when served warm, but still so yummy after they’ve cooled. So good!
Join us on our YouTube channel Brambleberry Cottage to see what we’ve been up to! There’s a new video every week! If you enjoy the channel, please consider subscribing so you never miss an episode.