We had such a fabulous Christmas this year! My family and I celebrated with delicious food, amazing gifts, time together and fun activities! I had taken some time off to recoup and spend time with my family and it was relaxing and full of good times! Now we’re preparing for the New Year’s celebration.
Every year for over a decade now, we’ve been celebrating with a quiet but fun evening from home. We definitely prefer the solitude from home. This year will not be any different. We’ll have karaoking, board games, family trivia, talking about the past year and what we look forward to in the year ahead and of course, some yummy food.
We used to get all dressed up (which was fun), but nowadays it’s more casual. Early in the evening, we get into our jammies. It’s such a fun and cozy evening! What do you do for the New Year’s celebration?
Our New Year’s menu this year will be more relaxed and have more of finger foods. Here is the menu below.
New Year’s Celebration Dinner:
Marinated chicken wings
Marinated cauliflower “wings”
Veggie Fried rice
Garlic broccoli (recipe in previous post)
Veggie lo mein
Our yearly Tiramisu (Dairy free & Gluten free)
24 wings, separate wings & drumsticks or 2 fresh cauliflower heads, cut into florets
1/2 cup italian dressing (I make my own-recipes found online)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup low sodium Tamari sauce or coconut aminos
*Marinate overnight with the chicken wings sections or cauliflower florets in a large storage baggie, or large bowl with plastic wrap covering it. Mix around in bowl or shake baggie every so often.
1) When ready to cook, put wings or cauliflower in a throw away foil pan, as is, no need to add oil or anything.
2) Cook in a preheated 350°F oven for an hour.
3) Drain some of the juices from the pan, leaving a little at the bottom. Flip and cook for another half hour.
4) Serve alone or with ranch dressing.
So delicious! Enjoy!!
Dairy free Ranch Dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1 Tbspn white wine vinegar
1 1/2 Tbspns dried parsley
1 1/2 Tbspns freeze-dried chives
3/4 tsp finely minced garlic or garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
4 Tbspns coconut milk
1) Place every ingredient except for the coconut milk, into a large glass measuring glass or bowl.
2) Blend with an immersion blender, working from the bottom up, until all of the ingredients are combined well It will thicken.
3) Slowly stir in coconut milk, one Tbspn at a time, until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
I wish you all a Very Healthy and Happy, Safe New Year!! 2023!!🥳🎉🥂🎊🎆🎇🎈