This truffles recipe is so simple & so delicious! They’re some of my favorites for the season! Hope you enjoy them!
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
4 cups Semi- Sweet chocolate chips
12 Tbspns unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Crushed up peppermint candy canes
Chopped nuts (any variety)
1) Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter.
2) Melt chocolate chips in double boiler and stir constantly.
3) Add melted chocolate to cream. Stir until smooth.
4) Pout the mixture into a shallow bowl. Cool for about 10-15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours – up until overnight.
5) When firm: Pour the coatings you want for the truffles into a plate(s). * I do multiple varieties of coatings.
6) Using a melon – baller, and a small spoon to help scoop out chocolate (about a 1″ ball in size) , roll into a ball in hands, roll the truffle balls out of the melon ballers into the coating(s) you wish. Place truffles on wax paper on a cookie sheet & place in fridge.
7) Store in an airtight container & refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.