Saturday Morning. Wanting something warm & comforting on a chilly January morning. Something delicious. Something cinnamon. Yes. Cinnamon quick bread. Shortly after, while in the oven, the house was permeating with the most delicious aroma! My family was happy to wake to that aroma & sit down with a big breakfast of pancakes, homemade sausage patties, cinnamon bread & coffee/tea. What was the occasion? It was a cold winter morning & we were all together. With my children getting older & being more independent, I value the time we have together. We sat around the table laughing, talking about future plans, living in the moment & enjoying yummy warm food. What better way to start the weekend? Hope you enjoy this recipe too! 😉❤Happy weekend!!
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 cup sugar
4 tspns. baking powder
1 1/2 tspns.cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup almond milk
1 Tbspn. Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsps. vanilla extract
Ingredients for Streusel:
2 Tbspns. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tspns.margarine, softened
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Grease & flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan on bottom only.
2) Set out margarine to soften.
3) Measure out almond milk & put in apple cider vinegar. Set aside & let curdle.
4) In large bowl, combine all bread ingredients; beat for 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into greased and floured pan.
5) In small pan, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter, swirl to marble batter & streusel.
6)Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Trace around edges with knife to loosen. Remove from pan Cool completely on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely then serve. When storing, wrap tightly in airtight container or plastic wrap. After one day, it needs to be stored in refrigerator.