I wanted to wish you all a Wonderful and Merry Christmas! There are so many recipes that I make for the Holiday season. Here is one recipe for you all. Hope you enjoy it!
(serves 8 people)
4 Tbspns olive oil
2 med. onions, chopped
4 boxes of Beyond Meat burgers, defrosted & crumpled up
2 cups cooked lentils, according to instructions(with a veggie boullion cube or 2 thrown in for extra flavor-with each cube add 2 cups each boiling water)
2 Tbspns each freshly chopped sage & rosemary or 1 Tbspn dried
4 eggs or replace with 4 flax eggs or chia eggs
6 Tbspns dairy free sour cream
4 Tbspns coconut aminos
1/2 cup dairy free cheddar cheese
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Cook lentils with boullion cubes & set aside when done to cool. While cooling, in a Large saute pan, heat the olive oil & saute the onions until soft.
- Add the crumpled burgers & brown with the onions, while not letting them burn on & stick to the pan.
- Add the herbs & saute for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. While herbs are cooking with mixture, mash lentils.
- Place the burger mixture in the bowl & add the eggs, flax or chia eggs, sour cream, coconut aminos, cooked & mashed lentils, cheddar cheese & nutritional yeast. Mix well, then press it down into a well greased loaf pan & bake at 350 degreesF for 40-45 minutes until it has firmed up & browned on top.
- Leave the loaf in the pan to cool for 15 minutes. You can choose to carefully pull it out onto a platter or leave in pan.
- I like to buy a gluten free mushroom gravy (if I’m real ambitious, I’ll make a homemade gravy-that’s every so often) I have delicious gravy recipe in my cookbook, ” Plant Based Living for the Gluten Free Cook”
Hope you enjoy this recipe! This will be the main dish on our Christmas Dinner table. Wishing you & yours a Wonderful Holiday season!! (Sorry for the lack of photo)